iPhone 8 Pre-Orders Coming September 07 2017
- iPhone 5 (2012) - Sept. 12 event, Sept.14 pre-orders, Sept. 21 launch.
- iPhone 5s (2013) - Sept. 10 event, no pre-orders, Sept. 10 launch.
- iPhone 6/6 Plus (2014) - Sept. 9 event, Sept. 12 pre-orders, Sept. 19 launch.
- iPhone 6s/6s Plus (2015) - Sept. 9 event, Sept. 12 pre-orders, Sept. 25 launch.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus (2016) - Sept. 7 event, Sept. 9 pre-orders, Sept. 16 launch.
If Apple plans to follow this same formula -- and it looks like that's what's happening -- pre-orders for the new "iPhone 8" and its companion devices the iPhone 7s and the iPhone 7s Plus will take place on Friday, September 15 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time.
Following pre-orders, the new devices will most likely see an official launch on Friday, September 22, with pre-order shipments going out to customers and in-store stock available.While Apple tends to follow a specific September formula, there have been deviations. In 2013, for example, Apple did not accept pre-orders for the iPhone 5s due to supply constraints, and in 2015, pre-orders took place early on a Saturday morning. Still, September 15 and September 22 are the most likely dates for pre-orders and launch, respectively.
Apple will unveil the new iPhone 8 at an event set to be held on Tuesday, September 12 at 10:00 a.m. PT at its Apple Park campus. An iPhone 7s, 7s Plus, LTE Apple Watch, and 4K Apple TV will also make an appearance at the event.